May 22nd, 2018
- You can now connect to gauntlet games in progress
- Custom gauntlets can now be started with 1 player
- Increase base attack speed from 40 to 45
- Increase intelligence and agility scaling by 0.2 per level
- Colossal Strike now deals damage in an AOE star pattern (note, this also benefits summoner golems)
- Shroud can now be cast on teammates, grants a move speed bonus, and lasts longer after revealing
- Drain life no longer heals caster, instead reduces spell shield and armor on target, and prevents healing for a duration
- Hardened bark now additionally regenerates HP
- Nature's Essence restoration increased from 150-750 to 150-900
- Nature's Essence cooldown decreased from 2000 to 1800
- Fix cases in gauntlet mode where enemy debuffs would remain on players indefinitely
April 26th, 2016
- You can now gamble gold for random divine and mythical items
- You now have an account-wide stash for holding gold, crystals, and items
- You can now buyback recently sold items to the store to prevent accidental sales
- Level 51-60 radiance item packs are now cheaper
- Radiance item purchases now only spawn items of divine or greater value
- Fix incorrect range applied for Valkyrie Fan attack (effective range now larger)
- Fixed rare issue where item enchantments would apply to the wrong item
February 1st, 2016
- Deathmatch and Team deathmatch modes added with new deathmatch map
- 4v4 mode added where you can fight 1v1 up to 4v4 with primary immortals only
- Team indicators next to health bar so it is easier to identify the teams
- Can now see opposing team's and teammate's respawn timers on their dead immortals
- Consolidate 1v1 and 2v2 ladder ratings into a single rating for all modes and sizes
- Phoenix Mage
- Increase base attributes for damage, intelligence, HP, and agility moderately
- Ash cloud rescaled from 8-50 to 12-48
- Fire Within attack speed rescaled from 12-30 to 10-40
- Incinerate now also disarms the unit for the duration.
- Incinerate duration rescaled from 700 flat to 100-700
- Incinerate damage increased from 200-1400 to 300-2100
- Planar shift now also gives spell shield and spell power
- Planar shift Armor and Spell shield amounts rescaled from 35-75 to 40-60
- Planar shift spell power bonus is now 40-120
- Planar shift duration increased from 2500-3000
- Increase intelligence and strength scaling slightly
- Divine Word casting time rescaled from 300-220 to 200 flat
- Divine Word damage increased from 300-1100 to 500-1100
- Heal casting time rescaled from 250-120 to 200-140
- Heal amount increased from 150-1050 to 200-1400
- Protection armor bonus increased from 10-40 to 20-50
- Repel now also makes unit immune to disarm
- Repel cooldown rescaled from 3000 flat to 4000-2800
- Righteous fire increased from 15-105 to 20-140
- Spell immunity now gives 40-120 HP and MP regen in addition to spell immunity
- Spell immunity casting time reduced from 250 to 180
- Decrease agility scaling very slightly (0.2 per level)
- Arrow Volley cooldown reduced from 1500 to 1200
- Pixie dust spell shield reduction rescaled from 13-31 to 14-26
- Stone prison cooldown increased from 2800-1600 to 2800-2200
- Stone prison casting time rescaled from 250-100 to 200-140
- Decrease agility and intelligence scaling very slightly (0.2 per level)
- Double Hit casting time rescaled from 150-90 to 150 flat
- Double Hit duration decreased from 200-800 to 150-750
- Phase casting time rescaled from 200-140 to 200 flat
- Phase damage rescaled from 110-170 to 112-160
- Claws cooldown reduced from 1800 to 1700
- Critical Strike cooldown rescaled from 7000 flat to 7000-5000
- Critical Strike mana cost rescaled from 200-800 to 200-600
- Critical Strike casting time reduced from 150 to 130
- Dismember duration increased from 120-500 to 160-520
- Inhuman rage now makes caster immune to stun
- Inhuman rage casting time reduced from 200-160 to 150-110
- Inhuman rage amount increased from 1000-3000 to 1500-3500
- Wild Swipe damage increased from 120-180 to 120-210
- Fan Attack cooldown decreased from 4000-2800 to 2800 flat
- Fan Attack casting time decreased from 200-80 to 80 flat
- Healing aura amount increased from 15-105 to 20-110
- Ivory Sentinel
- Maim duration decreased from 1000 to 900
- Maim cooldown decreased from 1100 to 1000
- Maim casting time decreased from 110 to 80
- Sentinel mana cost increased from 200-600 to 200-1000
- Sentinel Damage % decreased from 200-300 to 150-250
- Nature's Essence heal and mana increased from 90-630 to 150-750
- Poison needles casting time reduced from 250 to 200
- Poison needles damage increased from 800-2000 to 800-2800
- Peace now additionally increases both armor and spell shield by 12-20
- Peace repel increased from 50-90 to 50-110
- Peace casting time decreased from 300-200 to 200 flat
- Peace mana cost increased from 400-1000 to 400-1200
- Peace duration increased from 750-1200
- Vulnerable mana cost increased freom 100-400 to 100-550
- Fix numerous issues with spectators not reflecting the viewed game properly
- Fix radiance quest awards not displayed properly in some cases
- Fix radiance kill rewards not awarded properly in some cases
January 4th, 2016
- Can now trade with other players by typing /trade
- Monster drop rates slowly reduce after numerous kills
- Ingame chat moved to bottom of screen (easier to read and view chat history)
- Item sale prices tweaked - high level magics lower value, low level myths and divines higher value
- Fix item hover window not appearing in correct spot (especially on trade screen)
- Fix item hovers showing in behind certain visual elements
- Fix mouse warping strangely on some rare computers
- Fix Windows Mouse sensitivity changing when mouse lock is disabled on certain computers
- Fix unresponsive situation when dialog boxes appear and chat window visible
- Fix "Keep Settings" in options menu not working in certain cases
- Fix Armor Ignore not working correctly (Piercing Star amulet)
- Fix completionist achievement unlocking at incorrect time
November 23rd, 2015
- PC Downloadable version with Steam integrated
- Revamped all artwork and UI for high resolution widescreen monitors.
- Fullscreen and multiple windowed resolution support.
- Heavily modified storyline with many new levels.
- New opening tutorial sequence.
- Fully voiced characters.
- Quick match for Gauntlet mode.
- New, simplified join game system.
- Buying item packs guarantees divine or greater items.
- Daily quests added so players can earn more radiance.
- Glyph crafting system added, stat purchases removed.
- Add packs of crystals, glyphs, runes, charms, gems to the store at a discount for bulk purchases.
- Add new campaign difficulty level - Insane.
- Various balance changes and bug fixes too numerous to list.
November 22nd, 2013
- New gauntlet difficulty "Deity" offers 25 finely tuned levels that will challenge even the most formidable players.
- Level 51-60 items added, which can only be earned by playing Deity gauntlet difficulty.
- 30 new mythical items, for levels 55 and 60.
- Added enchantment gems. These rare, powerful gems are found like regular items and can be used to enchant runes, charms, and mythical or previously enchanted items.
- Passing time now stops if you have a spell recovering from cooldown and are not stunned or silenced.
- Base strength and agility increase per level on Phoenix Mage increased.
- Fireball damage increased from 150-1050 to 175-1225.
- Phoenix strike damage increased from 125-875 to 150-1050, and casting time lowered from 200 to 140.
- Ring of the Occult and Piercing Star damage pierce dropped from 40% to 30%
- Added Evasion and Critical strike passive buffs (for enemies and certain mythical items)
- Conjurer's Circlet spell damage increased from 10 to 15-20.
- Ancient Vestments HP and MP regen increased from 80-90 to 120-140.
- Amulet of Life HP increased from 500-600 to 800-1000.
- Added 15-20 Move speed, 4-6 Spell shield and protection to Night's Beacon.
- Fixed repel not stacking properly.
- Fixed drop rates on high level crystals being too infrequent.
August 15th, 2013
- NimbleToe movespeed increased from 20-30 to 30-40
- Spectre's embrace movespeed, spell shield, and mana steal properties removed.
- Conjurer's Circlet intelligence increased from 30-35 to 40-50
- Razor hood minimum HP reduced from 320-325 to 300-325
- Swiftmark minimum movespeed decreased from 8 to 5
- Shadowbranch no longer gives intelligence.
- Fix Hungarian players not being able to connect.
- Fix players lingering in chat channels unnecessarily
- Fix client-side crash if user attempts radiance purchase with nothing selected.
- Fix being unable to scroll through large lists of games.
- Enchanter's Font name fixed
June 24th, 2013
- Cursed attack damage over time increased from 400->800.
- Double hit cooldown increased from 3000->1800 to 3000->2400.
- Haste cooldown increased from 7000->5000 to 8000->6000.
- Phase reworked. Cooldown increased 3200 to 3600, reduces movespeed when cast, no resistance buff.
- Snare trap cooldown increased from 3200->2600 to 4200->3600. Ground duration increased from 5 to 10 turns.
- Toughness cooldown increased from 3000->2400 to 3600->3000.
- Fix towers in fog being clickable in PvP.
- Fix chat window resizing incorrectly when there is lots of text.
- Fix issues with PvP lobby showing incorrect number of users present.
- Player information is now saved after a trade occurs.
- Fix Not So Smooth achievement failing to trigger.
- Fix temporary stat / resist upgrades on non-primary character decreasing in gauntlet mode.
June 18th, 2013
- Illusion power rebalanced from 120->200 to 100->300.
- All characters have increased HP / level.
- Wall HP increased from 500->2300 to 500->5000.
- Towers now take damage from spells, but do not accept buffs.
- Inhuman rage HP increased from 500->2500 to 1000->3000.
- Portal damage decreased from 300->700 to 300->600.
- Gold and PS boosts now drop by kills instead of turns.
- Restructured defense towers in Tower Control PvP.
- Charms / Runes can be purchased in a range now.
- Fixed being able to earn gold and pure source when outside reward range.
- Fix spell immune characters taking damage when attacked with ring of the occult.
June 14th, 2013
- Stalwart no longer affects attack speed, and also will not affect abilities that drop MS directly to 0 (such as Entangle).
- Behemoth min HP 300 to 250, max protection and Spell Shield both dropped 10 to 8%
- Pixie dust cooldown increased by 1000 across all levels, radius decreased from 4 to 3, casting time rebalanced to 200->140 from levels 1 to 7 from 250->70
- Cripple cooldown increased from 1900 to 2400
- Inhuman rage HP increased from 500->1300 to 500->2500
- Added Silence immune, Slow Immune, and Disarm immune passive buffs to creatures to brutal mode and gauntlet
- Fixed various client-side freezes.
- Fixed cartographer achievement.
- Fix spectator mode in gauntlet not functioning.
- Fix summons not vanishing for spectators.
June 6th, 2013
- Behemoth max HP 400 to 350, max protection and Spell Shield both dropped 15 to 10%
- Gold bundles now cheaper, added epic gold bundle
- Fixed glitch in dialog giving wrong personality attribute in some cases.
- Fixed some challenges being awarded erroneously.
- Fix spell power erroneously affecting unholy energy.
- Fix fan attack not dealing cleave on killing blow.
- Fix death stat accumulating incorrectly.
- Fix gauntlet level stat not recording.
- Better server-side recovery for crashes.
- Fix various server-side crash.
- Better notification when server has crashed.
May 20th, 2013
- Tournaments added. Various official tournaments ranging from 1v1, 2v2, co-op, and speedruns will be held.
- You can now trade items, crystals, and currency with other players from the chat screen
- News screen revamped
- Up to 8 spectators now allowed in Gauntlet and PvP games
- Immortal level cap increased from 50 to 80.
- Character level cap increased from 60 to 250.
- Regular skills can now be leveled to 7, up from 5
- Ultimates can now be leveled to 5, up from 3
- Added Damage and Magic Damage as level-up stat increases
- 4 new premium immortals, the Inquisitor, Ivory Sentinel, Tigress, and Banewitch.
- 15 new quests and 50% more storyline added. New section added to the map.
- Special romance options are now available in dialog trees.
- Gauntlet mode added. 4 player co-op mode where you face increasingly more difficult enemies.
- New item type Charms added. Charms can only be earned by playing Gauntlet mode.
- New item type Runes added. Runes can only be earned by participating in tournaments.
- Added 100 new mythical items, bringing them up to level 50 in all categories, with new unique passive abilities.
- Level challenges added. Complete the challenge in a level to earn bonus Radiance.
- Achievements added. Complete special achievements to earn bonus Radiance.
- Difficulty levels added. You can now defeat the game on Normal, Hard, or Brutal mode.
- Enemies will spawn with special random passive buffs in Brutal difficulty.
- Immortals in campaign mode will now regenerate Mana and HP rapidly when out of combat for 2 turns.
- You can now control multiple units by holding shift to select
- You can now force attack by holding shift while right-clicking.
- Significant rework to many various spells
- Stats skill now gives +3 per level up from +2
- All ultimates had their cooldowns generally significantly reduced
- Maximum Protection and Spell shield now 85 (up from 75)
- +Attribute spells buffed, they now preserve relative HP / MP
- Fixed glitch causing sound to stutter occasionally.
- Fixed being unable to play on certain machines.
April 30th, 2012
- Significant server-side optimization, should make end turn quicker.
April 21st, 2012
- The game is now entirely free.
March 4th, 2012
- Re-arrange menu system slightly to be more user friendly for new users
- Allow panning by holding left mouse button
- Remove useless news view
- Allow comparing against immortals in store view
- Remove security check at start - disables mouse lock in applet
- Fix periodic crash on Macintosh when playing audio
- Fixed alt-tabbing on Macs causing OS cursor to appear permanently instead of in-game cursor
- Fixed text not colouring properly on Mac
December 4th, 2011
- Fix friend list not updating properly when you add / remove friends.
- Fix issue where purchased radiance would not add to your account.
- Better handling of removing players to eliminate stale games lingering around.
February 5th, 2011
- Fix permanent buffs not being permanent
- Fix a variety of more client side soft crashes
December 30th, 2010
- Fix Boulder and Divine Word not casting properly
- Fix a few grammatical errors in dialogs
- Earthquake takes less Mana, lower casting time
- Ward gives slightly less regen
December 13th, 2010
- Fix regeneration not working on respawn in pvp
- Fix friends list focus not working if you had chat window open
- Fix Chat log looking empty from collapsed view if you quit/relogged
- Can now type while chat log and score windows open
- Keyboard hotkeys for chat log and menu (f4, f10)
- Eye now takes less mana
- Wall now has more HP
- Tower Control score limit increased to 50
- Tower Control now has defense towers at starting points
- Glyph now correctly vanishes if triggered
December 9th, 2010
- Fix still being debuffed on respawn occasionally
- Fix some occasional hitches on Mac systems or systems where the clock goes backwards
- Fixed issues where Summon would not behave correctly
- Added friends list
- Added 2v2 and 1v1 ladder
- Grid selection is now on by default, option removed
- Added inventory comparison
- Added weather, snow and rain
- Expansion - Added 17 new regions across three new locations
- Expansion - Added many new monsters and bosses
- Expansion - Added new NPCs, storyline
- Expansion - Added romancing NPCs
- Colossal Strike mana cost reduced, damage increased by 25%
- Critical Strike mana cost reduced, duration decreased by 25%
- Inhuman Rage duration increased by 150%, mana cost reduced
- Harmless duration increased by 100 across all levels
- Earthquake cooldown reduced by 33%
- Wild swipe damage amounts increased by 30% across all levels
- Eye mana cost decreases with levels instead of increase, hit points now increase with levels
- Golem cooldown now decreases with levels
- FeatherWeight now gives more movespeed at lower levels, also now gives spell shield, can be cast on other units, and cooldown increased
- Incinerate casting time reduced by 50%, damage increased slightly at higher levels
- Planar Shift now only increases Protection, but by a higher amount
- Silence duration increased by 100, cooldown reduced, casting time reduced
- Sleep duration increased significantly, mana cost reduced, cooldown reduced, casting time reduced
- Peace cooldown reduced at lower levels, mana cost increases with levels, duration increased, repel amount rescaled to be stronger at lower levels and weaker at higher levels.
- Pixie dust duration increased by 1 turn across all levels
- Slow duration increased, casting time reduced, amounts increased significantly
- Protection spell increased by 5% across all levels
- Repel rescaled to be stronger at lower levels and weaker at higher levels
- Toughness duration increased, cooldown increased, and amount increased by 5% across all levels
- Whirlwind speed amounts increased
June 5th, 2010
- Fix enemies not respecting their hp or mp leech values.
- Cinematics now smoothly center rather than abruptly warping.
April 27th, 2010
- Fix characters not dying properly when AI units cast vengeance on you
- Fix Winding Canyons showing up before being finished
- Fix PVP World vanishing
- Store now contains 250 items instead of 50. Items are now divided by level.
- Golem level 1 HP from 500->550, level 2 from 700->800.
April 19th, 2010
- Fix buffs ending twice as fast when walking
- Fix vengeance not travelling full distance, leaving monsters dead with health remaining
April 1st, 2010
- Fix various client side soft crashes
- Fix enemies appearing as though they are affected by a map effect on its last turn
- Fix being unable to cast cone spells when the cone clips the edge of the map
- Fix being able to repeatedly advance dialog by completing quests without visiting NPC in between.
- Fix being able to type an immortal name that is too long for the field
March 27th, 2010
- Fix another crash that could occur when joining a game in progress
- Fix scrollpanes being active when modal dialogs are visible
- Fix summoning spells being able to spawn units on occupied tiles
- Fix bug in pathfinding causing you to be unable to move through friendly units at times
- Optimize database routines to improve login/logout speed by about 500%
- Added another resource element: Radiance, which can be used to buy various upgrades for your character
- All trial entities can now be purchased using radiance
- Pure source reduction at level 25 increased from 5% to 25%
- Per character level cap increased from 12 to 50
- Trial level cap removed
- Fix character highlights being misaligned when casting ground targetted spells
- PVP realm is now open at level 15, down from 20
February 28th, 2010
- Vast improvements to memory consumption result in much smaller overhead for clients (down to about 10mb) and for server (about 20x games per server now possible)
- Fix no error message being displayed if you try to join a game before any quests are unlocked
- Fix rare crash that could occur when joining a game in progress
- New unit selection mode lets you click the whole unit. Hold shift to click behind units (works as before). Can revert to old format in the options menu.
- Better dialog box when you unlock your first immortal to notify user
February 26th, 2010
- More fixes for stale server-side games
- Improve messaging when lag causes new immortals to be added slowly, appears as though the immortal wasn't added
- Fix buying stale store items giving no error message
- Fix more client soft-crashes
- Better handling of disconnections to minimize server splits
- Fix debuffs occasionally staying on your character after you respawn
- Added bug reporting utility
February 11th, 2010
- Fix stale games lingering around server-side
- Fix certain mythical items not saving correctly to your profile
- Fix various client soft-crashes
February 7th, 2010
- Fix clients thinking they are hosts in PvP matches
- Fix being able to hear opponents moving in fog in PvP
- Fix Kwanjun survival bonus being too low
- Fix occasionally being unable to create PvP games
- Fix spell-based projectiles spawning from origin when caster is in fog
- Fix soft crash due to north-facing unidirectional objects
- Fix line of sight warning check not displaying if you had to move to cast a spell
- Tower Control score limit increased from 30->50
- You can now see the current game name by accessing the ingame menu
- All crystals minimum bonus increased by a significant amount
February 6th, 2010
- Fix last star selected not staying when you exit/return to map screen
February 2nd, 2010
- Fix crash created last version when you try to pathfind too far
- Fix stale clients lingering in game if you close the game in a tab rather than the whole browser.
January 31st, 2010
- Fix crash created last version if you log out and log back in during the same session.
- Fix buffs being invisible if you joined in progress
- Units will now always pathfind through teammates
- Joining games simplified to one button. Leaving game name blank will auto-generate one
- Items now greyed out in inventory when you can't use them on selected character
- Now an equal chance to get any item type on drop. Weapons are now 6x less likely to drop, non-weapons 6x more likely
- Flashing pegs in map view for unvisited areas
- Lower level items now 2.5x cheaper, higher level items priced the same
- New, gold highlights on button prompts that require action
- Added chance to spawn a magic chest in a level that drops 4x loot
- Trial dialog now has shortcut buttons to upgrade and a link to questionnaire
- Trial version extended from Quest 3 to Quest 5
- Trial players may now use the Druid
January 28th, 2010
- Fix getting stuck in cinematic if someone joins midway through
- Fix invisibility not drawing with 50% opacity
- Improve deletion of stale users to prevent miscellaneous unusual behavior
- Various soft client-side crashes
- Allow trial users to chat
- Illusion duration increased from 3->6
January 24th, 2010
- Fix error if you attempt to enchant an empty item.
- Fix spelling mistake in trial text.
January 17th, 2010
- Fix being able to delete characters when you have none in your list.
January 3rd, 2010
- Fix /away not automatically ending turn if need be
- Fix few more client-side soft crashes
- Improvements to pathing algorithm - friendly AI units should get stuck less often
- Soul Steal Mana cost 100->50. Duration 1500->2000, Cooldown 2000->3000, Cast time 200->150
- Stone Prison damage/heal 125->175
- Entangle now deals damage, Cooldown 2000->3800, Radius 3->2, Cast time 300->200, duration 100->200
- Dismember cast time 200->150
January 2nd, 2010
- Fix client-side soft crash when many of your units die in one turn
- Fix rare issue where you would be unable to cast spells or move for seemingly no reason
- Fix rejoining public chat-2 instead of public chat-1 when you leave/join a game
- Fix issue where final manticore cinematic is misaligned
- Fix some buffs/debuffs staying around longer than they should
- Purge Evil casting time from 400->300
December 30th, 2009
- Fix rare client-side crash when you switch tilesets in same session
- Fix Stone Giant turning into Demon Lizard in Hunting Plains cinematic
- Fix teammate's dead immortal portraits sitting in corner
- Add more tutorial dialogs for start of game
- After 2 minutes of inactivity, your character will go AFK in game, meaning other players do not need to wait for you to act.
- Typing /away now marks you as AFK in game.
- New PVP Game mode - Tower Control. This is now the default, Spire Defense is offline.
- Incinerate range from 4->6
December 21st, 2009
- Optimize drawing algorithm
- Optimize sound playing
- Fix issue where you are stuck in cinematic mode after cinematic completes.
- Fix issue where idling in a level while game not focused causes a decrease in performance
- Fix healing effect around spawn area in PVP affecting opposing team
- Fix spawnpoint healing effect turning off/on with each movement in PVP
- New option - Auto End Turn if you cannot attack. On by default.
December 16th, 2009
- Fix /whereis functionality giving no information if player is in menu system
- Fix colon in small font being off by 1 pixel
- Fix being unable to skip cinematics
- Fix various issues when joining during a cinematic
- Fix various issues when a player leaves during end turn
- Shroud cooldown 3000->2400, mana cost 400->100, casting time 200->160, now deals damage bonus if attacking when shrouded.
- Featherweight speed from [6-30] -> [10-50]
- New cinematic at Nethir's Camp and adjustment to cinematic at Vuldreth's Camp
December 14th, 2009
- Fix freezing problem on clients when their system time goes backwards
- Fix more mouse stealing problems if you have another window on top of the game and the game is not focused
- Newest chat text now appears at the bottom instead of the top of a window when in game
December 12th, 2009
- Fix being unable to add party members
- Fix being unable to add new characters
- Fix mouse getting moved if lock mouse is enabled and you are alt-tabbed when entering a game
- Even more objects beneath units draw at 50% opacity
December 12th, 2009
- Fix /whereis functionality not working when a player has logged out
- Fix deadlock issues on server causing various errors when multiple people in game
- Fix joining in-progress during a cinematic leaving you stuck permanently
- Fix pressing enter on a dialog box propagating to window underneath
- Fix various concurrency problems on client side leading to soft crashes
- Fix enemy hit points not dropping when someone leaves game
- Fix stale players lingering in chat channel if someone disconnects
- Objects beneath characters now draw at 50% opacity, making them less obstructed by environment
- Add new option - Stop on enemy reveal. Allows you to configure 4 different ways on how to react when a new enemy unit comes into view
- More text room for game names, details now show up on hover
- Allow top action bar to be used during a cinematic
- Allow chat during a cinematic
- Add progress bar when you have joined during a cinematic, so you know how long you need to wait
December 9th, 2009
- Fix updating password in account not updating forum password
- Fix newlines appearing as ?? on Macintosh
- Fix in-line text colours broken on Macintosh
- Fix getting disconnected due to inactivity
- Harmless duration increased 500->600, casting time reduced 150->125
- Wisps duration increased 900->1500
- Featherweight duration increased 1300->2000, mana cost reduced 400->300, cooldown increased 1500->2200
- Minimap unvisited fog darker
December 8th, 2009
- Allow logging in while the same account is active, will disconnect the other user
- Fixed being able to highlight players in Players menu
- Numerous outdated text changes
December 8th, 2009
© 2018 Tactic Studios. All rights reserved.